Thursday, April 3, 2008

Marukai San Diego Plaza - Free Annual Membership

In celebration of their grand opening, Marukai San Diego Food and Living stores are offering a free annual membership as well as 10% off first purchase. This limited time offer for the membership (worth $10) is good until April 30th. You can check out the flyer here. Also, if you're going to sign up, you can fill out the form ahead of time (download the application form here) to help speed up the process. One of the gals at the checkout counter mentioned that after this "membership" recruitment month ends, prices will be going up for non-members.

I stopped by yesterday to pick up a few things. I bought a package of cooked tako (octopus) to snack on when I got home from work. It was not bad, slightly on the chewy-tough side but decent taste for store bought. I also picked up some shabu shabu meat and fish balls for Saturday's Chinese hot pot dinner.

I also stopped by Marukai Living to pick up a musubi mold. Took me a while but I found it. I also noticed that they carried some Mac knives. I had to look, with my latest obsession with Japanese knives and all. The price was decent but I'm happy with my Tojiro DP gyotou.

So that's it for this gray Thursday. If you've been thinking about getting a Marukai membership, now is the time. And don't forget about the 10% off coupon.

No comments: