Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Wednesday Nothings

Have you ever had those moments in life when everything comes at you at 100 mph? That's what it's been like for me this past month. Sheesh. I'm really looking forward (and need) the upcoming Labor Day weekend.

So just some mid-week ramblings. We're almost finished with Season 2 of Dexter (what's with the Communistic propaganda art? Did Showtime hire Obama's PR people to design that??) and I have to say it's better than Season 1. I also watched the previews for Season 3 and "supposedly" Dexter gets more edgy.

We also just got disks 1 and 2 of Heros Season 2 (thank you Netflix). We'll be starting that tonight.

Other shows we've been watching: Eureka and Burn Notice (Bruce Campbell fans rejoice). We're waiting for the final season of The Shield. In some ways, I'm kind of glad it's the last season of The Shield. The Mister likes this show more than me since I thought it jumped the shark in Season 5, although Season 6 did make an attempt to bring back the old "Vic Mackey." Another show that the Mister is waiting for is Rescue Me. I liked Season 1 and 2 but again, I felt the show was attempting to jump the shark in the middle of Season 3 (there's only so much of Sheila and Janet I can take). I'm hoping Season 5 won't be so Desperate Housewifey (no, I don't watch that show).

As for movies, most recently watched that I liked are: Penelope, 21, The Other Boleyn Girl (mainly because I've always been interested in this era's history), Mr. Brooks, and Death at a Funeral. The number of bad movies that I've watched outweighs the liked ones but I won't bore everyone with that.

Cartoons (yes, I watch cartoons) that I've been watching: Spongebob Squarepants (who doesn't watch Spongebob? Uh--the Mister), Chowder (hmm, me like a cartoon with a food theme, go figure), and Avatar: The Last Airbender. I really like the Avatar and highly recommend that for kids. There is a reason why the Avatar is so popular among kids and adults.

And I'll end today's rambling with some movie quotes. Let's see how many you recognize. Some are pretty easy and a couple of them are hard. Two of them have food themes. I'll post the answers over the weekend.

  1. What do you mean he don't eat no meat? Oh, that's okay. I make lamb.
  2. It wasn't a miscarriage. It was an abortion. An abortion, Michael. Just like our marriage is an abortion. Something that's unholy and evil.
  3. Let me out. Let me out of here. Get me the hell out of here. What's the matter with you people? I was joking! Don't you know a joke when you hear one? HA-HA-HA-HA. Jesus Christ, get me out of here! Open this goddamn door or I'll kick your rotten heads in! Mommy!
  4. You've got to remember that these are just simple farmers. These are people of the land. The common clay of the new West. You know... morons.
  5. How many assholes do we have on this ship, anyway? I knew it. I'm surrounded by assholes!
  6. That's it? That's the chant against evil from the "Book of Souls"? Oh yeah, right, boss. And what kind of decoder ring comes with that, man? Shit, it don't even rhyme well!
  7. I Can't Have No Affair Because It's Wrong And I Don't Want Earl To Kill Me Pie... Vanilla custard with banana. Hold the banana. (this is a hard one)
  8. I don't LIKE food, I LOVE it. If I don't LOVE it, I don't SWALLOW.
  9. All right, quit. Nobody's trying to stop you. You wanna quit, quit! Go back to the bottle, get drunk. One thing, though. The next time someone throws a dollar into a spittoon, don't expect me to do anything about it. Just get down on your knees and get it.
  10. Damn you Haole! You make my sister work in your hotels!

    Well off I go back to work...sigh. Hope y'all have a good remainder of the week and enjoy your long weekend! And be sure to eat well.

4 comments:

KirkK said...

#3 - Let's see...it's Dr Fronk-en-steen.....right?

#6 Is Bubba Ho-Tep - Don't make me use my stuff on ya, baby!

#8 Is I think Anton Ego???

#10 Is without a doubt 50 First dates... "Why don't you choke on your spam!"

I'm not very good at this! So I guess I'll get lunch now....perhaps some "liver with some fava beans and a nice chianti."

CAB said...

Pretty good, Kirk! That's 4 out of 10 so far. I was wondering how many would get #10, hehe, love that movie! The ending always makes my eyes misty. But then Iz can do that to me.

You got #3 so think along those lines for #4 and 5.

Hey, I just had chopped liver for lunch but no f-f-f-f-fava beans. If only I had a nice chianti, tho.

Anonymous said...

I love Burn Notice! 2 is definitely the godfather. 5 is spaceballs! What the heck is 9? This is fun. Jake

CAB said...

Hi Jake. I really like Burn Notice, too. Amazing what you can learn on that show.

As for #2, you are very very close. Not the original Godfather but it's from Godfather Part 2. You got #5! Ludicrous speed! A hint for #9, it's a western.