Saturday, March 7, 2009

Meatball Sandwichs

Even though the chicken sandwich didn't turn out as good as I had hoped, I tried again but with a simpler approach, the KISS Principle. Things that I know taste good together should give me better results (fingers crossed).

Yup, sometimes the most enjoyable things are the simpler things. This meatball sandwich was really just things thrown together from leftovers. Simple but very delicious. The leftover meatballs and marinara sauce were from the spaghetti and meatball dinner. The baguette was from Panera Bread that I had bought for the chicken sandwich. I used prepackaged shredded mozzarella, something I usually have on hand for quick pizza dinners. Shaved Parmesan cheese would have been good, I think, but I was trying to keep to the Principle so opted to leave it out. Sling these together, toast in the oven, and a wonderful meal in just about 5 minutes. Add a side of marinara sauce for dipping and for good measures.

Don't forget tomorrow is Daylight Saving Time. Move your clocks ahead 1 hour before going to bed. Hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend.

No comments: