Thursday, July 10, 2008

Little Sheep Mongolian Hot Pot & Grill

Ahhh, good food and good company. What else can a person ask for? I met up with Kirk and Cathy from mmm-yoso for lunch at Little Sheep yesterday. It was my first time there so it was really nice having Kirk and Cathy there. Although I had my camera with me, I was enjoying myself too much with the food and all the stories Cathy and Kirk were sharing. But fear not, you can read Kirk's review here and here and see lots of pictures. You can also read Oh-So Yummy's review here (another Cathy, not Cathy of mmm-yoso).

I have to admit that I wasn't too sure if I was going to be able to handle the hot spicy broth but Cathy said it was really good and Kirk really enjoys it with certain ingredients. They haven't steered me wrong yet. All those "things" in the broth really is deceiving and I thought the spiciness of the broth was wonderful! I couldn't get enough of it. We had 3 different kinds of meat, lamb being one, taro, thick noodles, and some really nice greens that I can't remember the name (A Choy?). I'm sure Kirk will chime in to remind me.

In my opinion, lunch was exactly what hot pot meals were meant to be. Friends and family sitting around a delicious pot of hot broth, great conversation, gread food, and just enjoying life. I really should make a better effort to do these more often. Thanks again Kirk and Cathy!!

Little Sheep Mongolian Hot Pot & Grill
4718 Clairemont Mesa Blvd
San Diego, CA 92117
858-274-2040
Mon-Thurs 11:30am -3:00pm; 5:30pm - 9:00pm
Fri-Sat 11:30am -3:00pm; 5:30pm - 10:00pm
Sun 11:30am -3:00pm; 5:30pm - 9:30pm

1 comment:

KirkK said...

Hi CAB - I'm glad you enjoyed yourself....I had a blast, hope to do it again soon!