Friday, November 2, 2007

Tostino's and Jenos Frozen Pizza Recall

Doesn't it seem like there's a new story about some drunken celebrity getting arrested for DUI or some new food or toy recall every week or so? Today's new food recall was issued by General Mills. You can read General Mill's press release here. The press release also lists the specific SKU numbers affected by the recall and procedures on how to get replacement products. Almost 5 million of Tostino's and Jeno's frozen pizzas with pepperoni toppings are being recalled due to a possibility of E. coli contamination.

Thank goodness I don't have any in my freezer. Actually, when I do buy Tostino's they don't last more than a few days in the freezer. Yes, I admit that I love Tostino's 3 meat pizzas. It's one of those sin foods that I indulge on every now and then. I have a lot of sin foods. But then I'm a food junkie, so what can I say?

We actually got to go home a little early yesterday from work due to a power outage in a small section of Sorrento Valley. I heard it was a power line that was down. So after standing in the parking lot (something about safety reasons yada yada) for about 90 minutes, our CEO decided to let people go home. Too bad it wasn't today but hey, I'm not complaining cuz it's Aloha Friday, no work 'til Monday!

Have a terrific weekend, now go and eat well, and eat safe.

No comments: