Saturday, January 31, 2009

Monday on No Reservations - Chicago! (Preview)

First off, I just wanted to say a big thank you to Ingrid at Room 214 for sending me an autographed picture of Anthony Bourdain. It is soooo cool! Even The Mister said, "That's cool!" This is only the second item I have in my posession that is signed by someone famous. The first item is an SF 49ers ballcap signed by Ronnie Lott. But I digress.

There's just something about Chicago that appeals to me. I've only been there once (or was it twice?) and have fond memories of the place. A close friend of mine was born and raised in the Windy City and I almost moved to Chicago (well, suburbs) at one point to go to college. So needless to say that I am looking forward to see where Tony takes us on Monday.

Like many people, Chicago makes me think of deep-dish pizza, hot dogs, seafood from the Calumet River and Mancow Muller, Chicago's own shock jock. Well, Tony is putting all this to the test and will even meet up with avant-garde chef Homaro Cantu, and dinning at the famous L20 (I would love to dine there if The Mister and I ever got out that way).

Tony will also be making an appearance at a backyard BBQ to enjoy homemade specialties like sausage, creamed corn and beans. Find out what Tony's conclusion is about 'the Second City.' We've been warned to watch on a full stomach because the food looks delicious! I mean, just watching this preview is making my hungry already!

Catch the new episode of No Reservations Monday, February 2nd at 10pm EST on the Travel Channel.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How delicious did those hot dogs look, by the way? I've been craving one since I saw the episode, better have one tonight!

Glad to hear that you enjoy the poster!

Ingrid

CAB said...

The closest we have here is a place called Chicago on a Bun: http://www.busterswindycitydogs.com

Love their dogs but it does get a bit expensive.