Monday, October 1, 2007

Weekend Report (10/1/2007)

It was a nice weekend here in San Diego. The Halo party on Saturday was really fun. The only disappointing thing about it was some of the food from Mo's Island Grill. The kalbi ribs was a total bomb, severely under marinated and lacked any flavor. None of us really dug into it and I ended up throwing much of it away. The Korean Chicken had good flavor but the crust was so-so. Most of the crust seemed like it fell off during the cooking process. The Lava Chicken was really good. This was the first time I tried the Lava Chicken. Kind of reminds me of chicken katsu but with a little more flavor in the batter. The Kalua Pork was tasty, although a bit too salty for my liking. The Mister and I agreed that the quality of Mo's has somewhat deteriorated in the past few months. It's a hit or miss, which is too bad because I felt Mo's was developing a serious following. I just don't understand how some places let this happen, certainly doesn't make good business sense. This doesn't mean I'm going to stop going (yet) but I certainly won't get their catering in the future. I sure hope they don't go down the same route as Da Kine's.

Other food at the party: chips and homemade salsa, homemade Hawaiian mac salad, watermelon, beans and salad for the Vegan friend, awesome sharp cheddar from Costco's cheese show and crackers. Nothing extravagant.

So back to the party. We started with the Nintendo Wii. It was really fun watching everyone playing all the various games. They did some bowling, tennis, boxing, Excite Truck, and my favorite, Rayman. I think Rayman was the funniest to watch because it probably was the most physically demanding of all the games, next to boxing. I only wish I had the camcorder going.

Then on to Halo 3. Like the rest of us, my friend, Jazzy, had a bit of a learning curve on the new mapping of the buttons. 99 did pretty well since he played the night before. Since there was only 4 of us playing Halo 3, the larger maps were a bit harder to navigate (where is everyone?), although the new Duel feature was really helpful once we figured that out. Infection wasn't as fun as I thought it was going to be but maybe it's better with more people. Overall, good game playing day.

Sunday was kind of a lazy day. The Mister watched football, I did laundry and took a nap (hehe). Now it's Monday and I'm back at work, ugh. So that's it. Have a wonderful week! Now go and eat well.

No comments: